How do I schedule an appointment?
You can schedule your first appointment for either Therapy or Coaching service here.
Are sessions conducted online?
Yes, therapy and coaching sessions are available both online and over the phone. Learn more about therapy and coaching services below.
What is therapy?
Working with a therapist can help provide insight, support, and new strategies for all types of life challenges. People seek out therapy for many reasons: communication blocks, relational discord, conflict, fears, anxiety, sadness, grief, stress management, body-image issues, and major life transitions.
Many people benefit from therapy because it helps them create greater self-awareness to work towards change in their lives.
What is Coaching?
- Coaching is not therapy, counseling, mental health care, or treatment for substance abuse. Although licensed providers provide coaching, the coach is not functioning as a licensed mental health professional in this work with you. Although services are designed to be therapeutic, coaching is not intended as a replacement for counseling, psychiatric interventions, treatment for mental illness, recovery from past abuse, professional medical advice, financial assistance, legal counsel, or other professional services.
- Coaching is designed to address issues the person being coached would like to consider.
- Coaching is a confidential relationship, and the coach agrees to keep all information strictly confidential, except in those situations where such confidentiality would violate the law or could jeopardize the safety of the client or others.
What is the difference between coaching and therapy?
The easiest way to explain the difference between coaching and therapy is that therapy services focus on helping the client heal past trauma and/or other challenges and coaching services focus on helping the client move forward and, in some cases, could resemble having an accountability partner.
Both coaching and therapy can help you achieve your personal goals, but there are some key differences between the two.
- In the therapy setting, we have therapist/patient privilege such that all communications, including the mere fact that you are a client, are kept strictly confidential (This is subject to certain legal exceptions, which you can read about above).
- As a coaching client, while my policy is to keep what is said in our sessions confidential, the fact that you are a client is not confidential and there are no strict legal requirements for confidentiality. Again, it is my policy to keep what we discussed in confidence.
- If you are a coaching client-only, your coach is not your therapist and will not be providing any psychotherapy. During the treatment, your coach may recommend that you engage a therapist. If this situation arises, we will discuss your options at that time.
What's your cancellation policy?
If you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment, please call within 24 hours of your scheduled appointment time. The full fee for the appointment will be due if missed or canceled with less than 24 hours in advance.
Do you accept insurance? How does insurance work?
We do not accept insurance. We can however provide a superbill that you can file with your insurance provider for possible reimbursement.
What are your fees?
The rates for both therapy and coaching services vary and can be found here. Payments are accepted through credit cards through our client software.
Is therapy confidential?
In general, the law protects the confidentiality of all communications between a client and psychotherapist. No information is disclosed without prior written permission from the client. However, there are some legal exceptions to this rule.
- Suspected child abuse or dependent adult or elder abuse. The therapist is required to report this to the appropriate authorities immediately.
- If a client is threatening serious bodily harm to another person. The therapist is required to notify the police.
- If a client intends to harm himself or herself. The therapist will make every effort to work with the individual to ensure their safety